I would like to share with you my experience of finding a perfect breed for me and my family. It was 6 years ago, when our last dog died and my family and I were deciding for a new one. domain whois information There were many breeds that we seem appropriate for our life style, but we soon realized that to be able to find out how to choose the right dog, we should not look at his appearance. I was surprised to find out that there are even a couple of breeds that are small in size, but completely inappropriate to hold them in the house. If you would like find out how to choose the right dog, you will first have to ask yourself what type of person you are, what your life style is and whether you want him for a flat, for a house or one to live outside.
Bullmastifs and Eurasiers, who do not need a big garden to live, can be quite happy with living inside. All they need is plenty of emotional affection, play and lots of activity, when you take them out for a walk. On the other hand, there are a couple of small in size breeds, which are not appropriate for living inside the flat or a house, like Beagle. This breed needs a lot of activity and is not considered to be a good family member. Although, if I tell you the truth, I have Beagle myself and I do not agree completely with this statement. To know how to choose the right dog for yourself and your family members, you must first ask yourself these questions:
• how long is he going to be left at home completely alone – some breeds become apathetic when they are alone for longer period of time
• does it bother you if he sheds really heavily – some have really long hair and shed a lot
• what level of energy does this specific breed have – King Charles Cavalier requires constant activity
• do you plan to have him for a house, a flat or to live outside your house
• what was he breed for originally – Bull Terriers can be real gladiators when not in proper hands
• is it your first time having a dog – some are not appropriate for beginners (Bull Terriers)
• is your property/land big enough for an animal that needs plenty of running and exercises
• do you have any children that he is going to live with
• do you want a guard dog or the one to play with
• do you have any allergies – Chinese crested dog is perfect for people with allergies on hair
• are you prepared to live with him for the next 10-15 years
If you have allergies, it will be the best to choose Chinese crested dog or a so called Naked dog, which does not have any hair besides having it on the top of the head and also at the end of the puppy’s tail. If you do not have much space where you live and if you live in a flat, then you probably will not have Afgan dog which requires plenty of space for running. check links . In this case you should rather choose Chihuahua or some other breed which is small in size. Chow Chow, for example, does not like to live inside, that is why you can not have it, if you live in a flat. German Shepards are dogs for outside living, the same are Rottweilers, Pitbulls and Bullterriers. I hope this article helped you with some advices on how to choose the right dog.