Dogs can have a significant role in one’s life. They can make you laugh, help you understand the value of friendship and will always protect you from others no matter the circumstances. However, happiness isn’t achieved through taking – it is achieved through giving.
Teaching your faithful comrade a couple of interesting tricks won’t take you too much time nor require any special capabilities, but he’ll surely know how to appreciate the time you spend with him. It is always a pleasure to see an obedient and trained dog capable of executing not the most complex commands, but rather the more basic ones. Another thing to keep in mind is that teaching your dog various tricks can be quite an enjoyable experience for both of you.
Some Useful and Funny Tricks
This is one of the most simple and common commands.
- Take a treat in your hand and keep it close to your dog’s muzzle.
- Slowly raise your hand to make your dog follow the movement.
- After he changes his position, give him a treat and say “Sit”.
This command will allow you to take care of your dog once you’re outside.
- You’ll need to put a leash on your dog.
- Start pulling a leash towards you and say “Come”.
You’re definitely going to have a lot of fun trying to teach your dog the “Kiss” command. For this trick, you’ll need a sticky paper or anything similar to it.
- Put the sticky paper on your palm.
- Turn your palm towards your dog and say “Kiss”. You want him to touch the paper.
- Reward him with a treat.
- After you’ve successfully repeated this command a couple of times, put the sticky paper on your cheek and repeat the same process.
- Once your dog is used to this command, remove the sticky paper from your cheek and repeat the process without it.
It would be useful if you had a clicker for this trick.
- Take a treat in your hand and clench your fist.
- Put your hand at a height your dog can easily reach. You want him to touch your fist with his paw.
- Once he manages to touch your hand, give him a treat and click.
- After you’ve repeated the same process several times, switch to an empty hand signal.
- Place your hand with the palm facing upwards, and wait until your dog places his paw on it.
- Wait a couple of seconds, then click and give him a treat.
Teaching your dog some useful and funny tricks can take a significant amount of time, but it will probably be worth it. Keep in mind that, in order to achieve noticeable results, you will need to be patient and consistent with your commands. Rewarding your dog with a treat every time he executes a certain command isn’t always recommended. It is sometimes much better to reward him with a simple praise to achieve optimal results.
If you’re a dog lover and are looking for some interesting articles and useful advices about your pet, make sure you visit kimspets.com.